Sunday, March 29, 2015

Parmesan Asparagus Appetizer aka Dinner

Okay, let me say, I thought I invented this delicious concoction, but when searching for beautiful pictures of asparagus, I discovered various versions of this recipe. This is so quick to make, I even whip it up after working until close at the library. This pic from Pillsbury Pinterest is much prettier than my version. My recipe below:

  1 tube crescent rolls
  1 bunch fresh asparagus
  1 c. shredded
   Parmesan cheese
  1 t. garlic powder

ASPARAGUS

Wash, dry, trim asparagus. (Gently bend near end until woody part breaks off.)
Unroll crescents and sprinkle with desired amount of cheese, reserve 1/4 cup.
Place 2-3 stalks of asparagus on wide end of crescent. Roll to small end. Sprinkle with garlic powder and reserve cheese. Bake on non-stick or foil lined cookie sheet according to crescent roll directions.
Ends of asparagus should be slightly crisp and rolls golden.

Enjoy!

No comments: