Thursday, May 28, 2015

STE(+a)M is Verdi

I love finding picture books based in fact. They make the prefect intro for a STE(+a)M program topic. This book is entertaining and factual. Verdi is yellow. He loves being young and yellow. He doesn't want to turn into an old, lazy, green snake. His adventures are laced with humorous moments. Verdi can't help but turn green and older, but he can help himself NOT be lazy. 

I hope to do a reptile program. I'm not one of the many "afraid" of snakes. I always found them quite fascinating. Once at the Minnesota Zoo there was a reptile petting zoo. (Maybe still is.) It was one of my best zoo experiences. It may be time to call (NOT Ghostbusters) Dave DiNaso's Traveling World of Reptiles. If you're in the Chicagoland area, I highly recommend him.

Programs about snakes, insects, or bats are always a big draw. If you're like me, and summer hasn't started but you're already thinking about Fall programming fun for the library, consider one of these topics. Janell Cannon, author of Verdi, is also the author of Stellaluna, perfect bat intro for Fall programming. 


No comments: