Thursday, April 2, 2015

Everything is Awesome!


They Call Me Miss Carolyn: Everything is AWESOME!

If you've seen The Lego Movie, then you know everything is awesome!Tonight was the 4th installment of "coaching" aka keeping order among the 6-9 years during our Lego program. In a previous post that has since gone missing, I mentioned I had one child crying (There's no crying while playing with Legos! What?!), kids falling out of their chairs, literally, and Lego pieces that magically disappeared.

I've decided my biggest goal for this program is to teach these kids how to work as a team. They have team names, do team building exercises, and build together, and yet...yelling, grabbing from each other, tattling. Exhausting. Bright side: learning engineering (I love STE(+a)M), smiles at successes, making new friends, and some fun too! In the end, there's more to learn at the library than just getting all the Legos in the right spot. Everything IS awesome, really.

No comments: