Sunday, April 5, 2015

Mocking? Shocking!


One of my favorite forms of poetry is haiku. This haiku is something I started several years ago one lonely summer evening. I probably just finished a very emotional book. There happened to be a group of red-wing blackbirds cackling away in my backyard while I was feeling quite somber. It felt like they were mocking my tears. In honor of National Poetry Month, I thought I'd share it.

Red-wing blackbirds hear
My cries leave the empty soul
Mocking always near

 And to continue the theme...here's a poem I wrote at approximately age 7. (Again with the mocking?!) I told myself then I'd never forget it, and I haven't. It's one of the few things I've committed to memory.                      

See the bee
The bee sees you
Diddle e Dee Diddle e Doo
The bee sees YOU!

Lastly, a few poetry books for the young and young at heart to check out.

               

No comments: