Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy National Library Week

In celebration of National Library Week, here is an article from Business Insider that lists the 16 "coolest" (looking) college libraries. I agree, these ARE cool.  Coolest college libraries.


Yale University — Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library

Libraries have always given me a sense of peace when entering. They have been sanctuaries. Even when I had to pull all nighters in college doing research, I felt fortified by the peace and strength of my college library. I can remember a little one room library in elementary school and being so excited to just sit at the table and wait my turn to pick a book. I remember entering my local library as a young adult and thinking "I could live here". I remember being a volunteer at my neighborhood library and feeling "at home" when going to work. I'm fortunate I now get to be in a library nearly every day. I hope everyone will visit their local library. Happy National Library Week!

No comments: